2014 Fall Vacation: North Shore
Judy and Rick rented a vacation cabin in the woods above Lutsen, MN, for a getaway weekend before the beginning of winter. The primitive accomodations above the Poplar River were exactly the unplugged fit for our needs. (Click on the panoramas to see them in high-resolution. There's also a video of the beautiful drive up, here.)
- After a beautiful drive up, we stopped to enjoy the view of Duluth from the Thompson Hill Information Center on Skyline Parkway.
- We arrived at dusk as it was beginning to rain.
- View from the porch of the cabin.
- We had trouble getting the propane fireplace going, so the owner popped over and helped us out. Then it was too hot, so we opened the window. Apparently the thermostat didn't work, so we turned it off while we slept for the remainder of our stay.
- We assembled this 1000-piece puzzle in a morning during the cold rain on Friday.
- Judy claims to have found our Christmas tree early this year.
- Judy played the alpenhorn.
- Highest point in MN: 2,301 feet
- Especially with the rain